Best Heated Socks for Cozy Winter Adventures
Best Heated Socks
LENZ Heat Socks
Choosing the right heated socks depends on how you plan on using them as well as your budget. However, for comfort, functionality, and convenience LENZ Heat Socks are the objectively superior heated socks currently on the market.
LENZ Heat Socks are a tri=blend polyester, merino wool, and nylon, so they will keep your feet dry no matter how long you wear them.
These socks are also machine washable, which is a rarity in the world of battery-powered socks. Because of their delicate internal wiring, most heated socks must be hand washed to avoid damage. The LENZ Heat Socks, however, are surprisingly durable and can be tossed into the washer just like any other laundry.
Their temperature controls have three heat settings and are Bluetooth enabled, meaning you can adjust the heat from your phone and can avoid fumbling with your snow pants and boots. Also, the battery life of these socks tops out at 14 hours so that they will last you a full day of outdoor fun.
Bottom line: LENZ Heat Socks are top-of-the-line heated socks that provide unmatched comfort, battery life, and convenience for even the most rugged outdoor adventures.
Keep Your Toes Toasty on a Cold Winter Day
As much fun as skiing, snowshoeing, and hiking in the winter is, nothing can ruin a December day faster than wet, cold feet.
While wool socks were once the gold standard for dry, warm feet in the winter months, recent technological advancements in heating and battery life have created new contenders for the title of “Best Heated Socks.”
These new fangled socks protect your feet from the cold by using a heat source powered by batteries. The elements woven into the sock design safely warm-up your cold feet, and on the lowest setting can last for a full-day.
If you are searching for the best designed, most convenient heated socks on the market, LENZ Heat Socks are the clear winner. Bluetooth enabled, machine washable, and superior battery life are just three of the many factors that set the LENZ Heat Socks ahead of the pack.
Features to Consider
If you are gearing up for cold weather and are considering plunking down some money on a pair of heated socks, read on. This section will cover important features that vary significantly from sock to sock.
What do you plan on doing while wearing your heated socks? If you plan on shredding the slopes for 10+ hours, your needs are going to be more advanced than if you just want some warm, comfy socks to throw on while you shovel the cold driveway.
The longer you intend to wear your socks, the longer the battery needs to last, and the better the fabric needs to be at wicking away moisture.
Setting aside the small amount of spandex or other elastic material present in most socks, the three most common fabrics are wool, acrylic, and cotton.
Either natural or synthetic, wool is the preferred material because for outdoor socks because it is highly breathable and retains most of its insulating properties when it gets wet.
Since feet sweat a lot generally and even more when they are hot, wool is the preferred fabric choice for socks that you plan on wearing for long or strenuous trips (this is true for traditional and battery powered socks). However, it is also generally more expensive than acrylic or cotton.
Acrylic strikes a middle ground between wool and cotton. It is less absorbent and acts as a better insulator than cotton when it is wet. It is generally less expensive than wool and slightly more than cotton.
The main advantage of cotton in socks is that it is inexpensive.
Suitable for heated socks that you wear for under an hour at a time outside in the cold or only around the house, cotton is highly absorbent and will cause blisters if it is worn while wet for extended periods of time.
Battery Duration & Charging
Depending on the sock design, type of batteries and heat setting, these warming socks can last anywhere from 3 to 14 hours on a single charge.
Lithium-ion batteries take about three hours to charge. If you find yourself using your heat socks every day or for extended periods of time, it may be worth it to purchase a second pair of batteries, so you have a backup. Comparatively AA batteries typically take a little longer, at around four hours to fully charge.
All socks on this list have either two or three heat settings. Most are adjusted with a switch near the pack for the batteries, except for the LENZ Heat Socks, which are Bluetooth enabled and can be adjusted with your phone.
How warm do the socks get?
Heated socks can range anywhere from 90°F to 150°F depending on the brand and what heat setting you have selected. So, no matter how cold your feet are, you should find a setting to keep your feet warm.
How effective are heated socks?
In general, these socks are very effective at warming you up. With most socks, you will notice them begin to warm up within five minutes. How long they stay hot depends on battery life and how well constructed they are.
How do I care for my heated socks?
Most heated socks (aside from the LENZ Heat Socks) should be hand-washed, as machine washing can damage the wiring of the heating system.
After washing, you should lay the socks flat to dry. Aside from that, keep them away from fire and do not get the battery pack wet while the battery is connected as this could cause the system to short out.
If it’s so cold, why worry about moisture-wicking?
Wet socks are not only miserable to wear, but they can also chafe and give you blisters.
Also, wet skin is harder to keep warm than dry, so if you plan on wearing your socks for physically demanding tasks, make sure they wick moisture well, or you will pay the price later.
How long do battery-powered socks last?
Battery-powered socks can last anywhere up to 14 hours on the lowest setting, but ultimately it depends on the brand, battery type and temperature setting.
Are heated socks compatible with ski boots?
Some socks with heating elements are designed explicitly with ski boots in mind. If you are not sure, make sure to get socks with the pack for the batteries located above the top of your boot to prevent painful chafing.
Reviews of the Best Heated Socks
LENZ Set Lithium Pack RCB 1200 + Heat Socks 4.0
Best Heated Socks
Bluetooth-enabled, these socks are an excellent pick for long, strenuous activities like skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing. You can select from three different eating levels that range from 107°F to 140°F right from your phone, saving you the hassle of taking off snow boots to find the temperature control button.
Composed of 50% polyester, 25% nylon, 15% merino wool, and a small percentage of silk, spandex, and polypropylene, these LENZ socks are designed to wick away moisture. As a bonus, these socks are machine washable in warm water, which is a real luxury when compared to the hand-washing that other products require.
The heating elements form a cup around your toes, so these socks are ideal for skiing and snowboarding, where your toes are generally immobile.
Depending on what setting you use, you can get between 3.5 and 14 hours of battery life out of these socks, so they should hold their own out in the elements as long as you do. This kit also includes two lithium 1200 rechargeable battery packs, a global USB charger (100-240 V), and a USB charging cable.
- Three temperature settings
- Moisture-wicking fabric
- Machine washable
- Up to 14 hours of battery power
- A little pricier than other options
Bottom line: The LENZ Heat Socks and great for high activity pursuits like skiing and snowshoeing. Bluetooth controlled and machine washable, these are our top pick and are more luxurious than your average heated sock.
SNOW DEER Upgraded Heated Socks
Best Around-the-House Choice
- 【Heating Elements Covers Whole Toes Area】this battery socks upgraded to use far infrared heating elements Which can be stimulate your blood circulation.Great For arthritis foot and Chronically Cold Feet & Stiff Joints .Give you a warm winter
- 【7.4V 2200MAH Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries & 3 Settings Temperature Controller】The electric socks Include pair of 7.4V 2200MAH rechargeable lithium polymer batteries. Heating Up to 2.5-6 Hours and full charge around 3-4 hours .
- 【Size Option】This heated socks with varous sizes option. S, M, L , XL . Size chart as following: S for size 5-6 foot ; M for size: 6-8.5 foot ; L for size:9-12 foot ; XL for size :12-14 foot . please check size chart pic on left .
- 【Improve Blood Circulation】it is a perfect solution for those chilly winter nights and days , arthritis foot and Chronically Cold Feet & Stiff Joints People .this rechargeable socks will ensure your feet are toasty warm.
- 【Good After Sale Service】If you have any futher questions or any quality size probems , please contact us by email freey .we will more than happy to assist you ASAP within 24 hours .
Designed for low-activity tasks around the house as well as for arthritis and gout sufferers, SNOW DEER Heated Electric Socks are 80% cotton, 12% polyester, and 8% spandex. With three heating settings ranging from 93°F to 131°F, these socks can get toasty.
The high cotton count in the socks is a definite blister risk if you plan on long hikes, but if you are just searching for reliable socks to wear at home, these are a great pick.
The battery life, ranging from 2 to 6 hours depending on the setting, is excellent if you do not plan on straying too far from home. This pack comes with two rechargeable 7.4V, 2200 mAh lithium-ion batteries.
The heating elements surround the toes as well as the anterior portion of both the top and sole of your foot, providing 360 degrees of comfort. This all-encompassing heating style also makes these socks a great choice if you or someone you know has arthritis, plantar fasciitis, or some other inflammatory condition.
- Reasonably priced
- Three temperature settings
- Heating element that wraps your whole foot
- Two Lithium-ion batteries included
- Relatively low battery life of only up to 6 hours
- High cotton count could put you at risk for blisters
Bottom line: Made of cotton, and with a short power duration of only 6 hours, these are not suitable for strenuous outdoor activity. However, these socks are ideal if you just want something to slip on after a long day of work or while you build a snowman in the yard.
Savior 7.4 V Battery Heated Socks
Best for Relaxation
- 【Comfortable Camping Foot Warmer 】Made by soft and comfortable imported cotton and polyester, these heating socks for men women are breathable, lightweight, elastic-thicken, windproof. Padded reinforced toe and heels help reduce pressure on the toes and foot irritation, keeping you all-day comfort.
- 【Larger Heating Area】SAVIOR Upgraded heated socks enlarge the battery heating elements covering to the whole toes area, instep, and foot front. We use far infrared heating elements for both heating layer and warm layer, Which can stimulate your blood circulation at the same time keep your feet warm. Designed for arthritis foot, cold feet and stiff joints.
- 【Rechargeable Battery Powered Socks 】With provided 7.4V 2200mAh rechargeable lithium polymer batteries, it can last about 2.5-7 hours at different heating levels after one fully charged. Usually, it will take about 3-4 hours for a full charge. If you would like backup batteries for longer working time, please search: B07SHS6L1R
- 【Easy to Use】One Led On/Off Button for 3 levels temperature control (High-Red, Medium-White, Low-Blue); Long Press for power on, single press to switch the temperature mode, the highest temperature can be reached to 140-150℉, you can use under zero area, great winter warm gloves for camping, hunting, ice fishing, cycling, biking, motocycling, running, skiing, snowboarding and any other outdoor sports.
- 【Safety & Warranty】Are you worried about the safety of wearing heating socks? SAVIOR HEAT heated socks had passed CE, UL, ISO9001 Certification, and we offer 30-day full refund/replacement, 12-month quality warranty. Black and Grey Option, please confirm your size before ordering and feel free to contact us for any question, we will come back to you within 12 hours, thanks.
Topping off at a toasty 150°F, the Savior 7.4 V Battery Heat Socks are ideal for sliding on after a long day hiking, cross-country skiing, or working outside.
Composed of 80% cotton, 12% polyester, and 8% spandex and with a battery life of 2-6 hours, these socks definitely fall in the “wear around the house” category. However, their high heat setting is perfect for promoting blood flow and working out foot cramps after a long day.
These socks have three heat settings and a heating zone that encompasses your foot from the ankle forward. Also suitable for chronic inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and osteoarthritis, the Savior socks provide an even layer of warmth to your whole foot.
This pack also comes with two rechargeable 7.4V, 2200 mAh lithium-ion batteries. They are ideal for slipping on after a long day out in the elements or motorcycle rides across town.
- High max heat for maximum relaxation
- Three temperature settings
- Large heating element
- Relatively short battery lifespan
- High cotton count make blisters likely with extended outdoor wear
Bottom line: These cotton and spandex socks wrap your entire foot in warmth and are perfect for at-home comfort after a long, chilly day outside.
Mobile Warming Heated Socks
Best for Ice Fishing
- Tri-blend Construction, 91% Cotton 8% Nylon 1% Elastic
- Moisture Wicking and Anti-Microbial
- Battery Heated Socks, Warming Socks Up To 11 Hours Per Charge
- Hidden Wires, Integrated Battery Compartment, Heat Zone Under The Toes
- Wirelessly Adjust Heat Levels
With three temperature settings varying from 98°F to 135°F, the Mobile Warming Heated Socks provide a range of temperatures for different situations. With a composition of 91% cotton, 8% nylon, and 1% elastic, they are predominantly cotton socks and may cause blisters if you wear them during taxing activities.
However, with a battery life topping out at 11 hours and heating pads under your toes, these socks are perfect for ice fishing, stargazing, and other chill-inducing activities that do not require constant mobility. The 3.7V lithium-ion battery is included.
These socks also utilize Fieldsheer anti-microbial technology. They are designed to limit bacterial growth, which reduces unpleasant odors and will require less frequent washing. This technology is key if you plan on spending days at a time inside a tiny, tightly enclosed ice fishing house where odors become noticeable quickly.
- Superior battery life
- Reasonable price
- Odor reducing Fieldsheer anti-microbial technology
- High cotton content
Bottom line: The Mobile Warming Heated Socks have a wide temperature range and long battery life make these socks ideal for long, semi-sedentary outdoor pursuits like ice fishing, sitting in a duck blind, or stargazing on a crisp winter night.
THERMO GEAR Heated Wool Socks
Best Moisture Wicking
- RECHARGEABLE: For any battery-operated product, it can be such a hassle to buy and change batteries all the time, especially if you are out and about. Plus, they die at the worst times! Our long, heated socks use eco-friendly lithium-polymer batteries that charge quickly and provide regulated heat for hours, even in ridiculously cold weather. Great for men, ladies, youth, and older boys and girls.
- HEATING FOR ALL OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: Winter brings many traditions and activities, but having frozen feet shouldn’t be one of them. Whether you love to ski or snowboard, or you have a job that keeps you outdoors in the winter, you’ll be able to keep your feet warm and agile. These wool-blend socks are also great for cycling on a bike, or riding a motorcycle!
- EASY ON & OFF: These aren’t just simple knit socks, they’re high-quality footwear and are great heat holders. The slim heating panels and electrical keypad are impressive tech, as they can give you control over the temperature of your quarter-length socks and have 3 different temperature settings (about 93°F to 140°F). Come in 2 sizes: small and large. Check sizing chart for accurate fit.
- USE WITH SHOES: Our black thermal socks are made of a cotton blend that keeps your feet cozy and insulated, even when it’s freezing outside. They have no external wires. If you like to wear our lightweight, casual socks then you’ve come to the right place. Use these socks with hiking boots, skiing footwear, and more. Either way, they’ll heat up in no time!
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!!! We subjected all our products to rigorous testing for quality, safety, effectiveness, portability and ease of use. We stand behind our products so you can buy with confidence. If within 30 days for any reason you are not satisfied with this product, you will be given a full refund excluding shipping and handling.
The THERMO GEAR wool socks are an amalgam of almost every type of sock material. They are composed of 66% acrylic, 22% wool, 8% polyester, and trace amounts of elastodiene, spandex, and other fibers. The combination provides superior moisture-wicking and will keep your feet dry no matter how much you sweat.
The heating elements are located below the toes, and three different temperature settings are ranging from 93°F to 140°F available. Two lithium batteries are included, and the socks have a battery life of between 3 and 10 hours depending on the setting. Used judiciously, these socks should last long enough to provide you with all-day heat and comfort.
The THERMO GEAR socks come in three sizes, so there should be an option for you no matter your shoe size. The only drawback is that the pack for the batteries sits at mid-calf level.
While this will work fine for hiking boots or shoes, a large ski or snowboard boot may not fit over these socks. Be sure to measure your boot before purchasing, because nothing is worse than spending a day on the slopes with the batteries digging into your leg.
- Socks are made from a superior blend of moisture-wicking fibers
- Three heat settings to keep your feet warm
- Decent battery duration
- Pack height is a little low on the sock
Bottom line: This pair of socks was tailor-made to pull moisture away from your skin without sacrificing insulation. If the battery pack fits above your boot, you are good to go!
GLOBAL VASION Heated Socks
Best Budget Option
- Electric rechargeable heated socks for chronically cold feet ( Heated Area: Front instep)
- 3 Levels Temperature Setting: High (Red), medium (Orange) and Low (Green)
- Electric Foot Warmers: Absorbent, breathable, elastic thickened, super soft & cozy, padded reinforced heel & toe,and recessed heating element help focus heat in the toe to keep your feet from getting cold
- Great for hunting, skiing,ice fishing, hiking, and sporting events. Won't shock, even when wet!
- Includes (1) pair of socks, (2) 3.7V li-ion rechargeable batteries, (1) ac charger
For their price, these socks have a lot to offer. While their website does not specify their specific heat output, they have three different heat settings and a battery lifespan ranging from 3.5 to 6.5 hours.
While they are 100% cotton, if you are interested to see how heated socks could fit into your winter routine without breaking the bank, these socks are a good option. Like many of the socks on this list, the heating element is beneath your toes.
Two lithium-ion batteries are included. The battery packs on these socks are high, almost at knee-level. This means they will fit into any pair of boots (besides maybe riding crops) that you could think of.
- Three temperature settings
- Inexpensive option
- Reinforced toe and heel sections
- 100% cotton, so watch for blisters
- Low battery lifespan
Bottom line: These socks are an inexpensive choice that still offer all the features of more costly options. If you are not sure that you want to invest a few hundred dollars on a pair of socks, give GLOBAL VASION heated socks a try.
Autocastle Electric Heated Socks
- ⚡❄【Autocastle Premium Men Women Winter Heated Socks】Autocastle Battery Heated Socks Electric Rechargeable Heat Sox Kit for Men Women,Winter Warm Heat Insulated Thermal Heating Stockings,Novelty Sports Outdoor Climbing Hiking Hunting Biking Ski Heated Foot Warmers.Autocastle Heated Sox Cycling Feet Warmers Made From Premium Spandex Fabric Cotton,Breathable,Quick Drying,Heat Insulated.Heated Area:Front Instep.
- ⚡❄【Autocastle 3.7V Men Women Battery Heated Sox Kit】Designed with 3 Heating Systems,Autocastle 3.7V Winter Warm Rechargeable Battery Heated Stockings Can Meet Various Needs.Autocastle 3.7V Unisex Rechargeable Heated Socks with Highest Temperature Ups to 122°F.Highly Recommend to Turn on Autocastle Heated Socks at Highest Setting(Red Light) in the First 5-15 Minutes,Then Switch to Medium (Orange Light)or Lowest(Green Light)Settings,Thus Will Be Better.
- ⚡❄【Long Working Hours Autocastle Winter Motorcycling Foot Warmer】Powered by 3.7V/2200mAh li-ion Batteries,Autocastle Novelty Heated Socks Can Work Up to 6.5 Hours After Fully Charged in the Lowest Settings.Autocastle unisex Rechargeable Electric Heated Sox Can Keep Your Feet Warm For All Day Long.Autocastle Winter Warm Rechargeable Unisex Heated Socks Perfect for Raynaud's,Stiff Joints,Arthritis,etc.
- ⚡❄【Autocastle Winter Novelty Thermal Heated Socks】Autocastle 3.7V Battery Heated Socks for Men and Women Known As Winter Life Savor,Autocastle Unisex Electric Heated Socks Are Great Fit for Winter Cold Days Indoor Outdoor Sports :Climbing,Hiking,Motorcycling,Snow Skiing,Mountaineering,Snowboarding Cycling,Biking,Hunting, Walking the Dog Foot Warmer.
- ⚡❄【Perfect Gift Ideas Autocastle Winter Unisex Heated Socks】Autocastle Winter Novelty Rechargeable Electric Battery Heated Socks Are Ideal Gifts In Winter.Package Included:1 Pair of Heated Socks,2*Batteries,1*AC Charger,1*Instruction. If You Have Any Further Questions,Please Contact us Through Your Order Number by Buyer Message.Autocastle Heated Socks with 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Give Yourself and Beloved Ones a Chance to Say Goodbye to Cold Feet.
With three heat settings and output temperatures ranging from 90°F to 122°F, the Autocastle Electric Heated Socks are a good middle of the road sock for everything from shoveling the walk in the morning to sledding with the kids in the afternoon.
With a battery duration of 3 to 6.5 hours, these are good socks if you plan on spending a half-day or so out in the elements. Two lithium-ion batteries are included in this pack.
While these socks are 100% cotton and probably are not an excellent option for spending eight or more hours outside, their sleek black color and hidden battery pack make them the most fashionable socks on this list. It would take a very keen eye to spot that these are anything but regular socks.
These socks would look right at home on the ice-skating rink at Rockefeller Center in New York City or a ski chalet in Aspen.
- Hidden battery pack
- Inexpensive option
- Slim design
- Three heat settings to keep feet warm
- Heated socks are made from 100% cotton
Bottom line: If you are searching for a gift for an appearance-conscious person who still wants to keep their feet warm outside, the Autocastle Electric Heated Socks are a smart choice.
Last update on 2020-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API